Floor Plan of Katoomba Cottage

Floor Plan of Katoomba Cottage

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Plans off to the Engineer & the hunt for a Private Certifier

KATOOMBA COTTAGE UPDATE - ENJOY ;-)

Now getting very close to the end of July and so much has to happen.

The final home plans have been sent to my Engineer - Chris Hilder Tel 4782 4691, another great contact from my builder Nathan Kerr, who created the footing diagrams and the report.

 Standard 230 Footing




Next was to find a Private Certifier, I have to say that the first two fellows I spoke to were rude, very unhelpful, never returned my calls or e-mails and their information I have to say had many holes BUT again my builder Nathan Kerr of 5th Ave Constructions, bless his little cotton sox, put me onto Laurie Waterson of  'Waterson Building Consultants' Tel 4751 6626. The most polite & helpful person, calling me after hours to check on issues, great e-mail updates and sent a super helpful check list and guided me through the points as I did not want to go through the Council process myself.

 Laurie Watersons Check List, what a wonderful tool!

Laurie agreed that the location and plans would be perfect for a 'Complying Development Application' which is set to make my life sooooo much easier as this application can be approved in 11 days, YES, can you believe it!!! Laurie check list above helped me sort all of the items that I need to provide for him to do all the hard yards and have the approvals put through. His fee, which worked out less that the Council itself, strange, includes all site inspections, sign offs and right through to the Occupation Certificate, love this guy and I still haven't met him face to face as yet. Everything has been done by remote.

I put a very detailed package together with all items in separate files and easy to sort through with of course a cheque for the Council.
I'm off to visit Lisa in Auckland New Zealand for her big 50th Birthday and have a weeks break so I am pushing that all is together for Laurie before I leave so that the approval can be half way complete by the time I return...........................fingers crossed.