Floor Plan of Katoomba Cottage

Floor Plan of Katoomba Cottage

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Meeting the Council Team on Site


The Blue Mountains City Council and I am sure that many other Councils have as well, this wonderful option for potential owners and builders to meet on site to discuss their building plans and ideas. 




Of course the Council can not agree to anything at this type of meeting, it is merely for guidance only but it was most helpful. There is a fee involved of $260.00 but it does, I thought help in so many ways.
To be prepared for this meeting, I took along my smart zip up folder with the indicated floor plan including elevation drawings that ‘Kitome’ (www.kitome.com.au) have so kindly created for me and the indicated external colour swatches with a sample of the ‘Colour Bond’ roof finish. Also I had a range of photo images of homes to show how the finished look to this home that I am hoping to build, will be.



Paul Weston of BMCC, http://www.bmcc.nsw.gov.au/, his team and I froze in the very cool, fresh mountain breeze but we had a good chance to go over all my design ideas and their suggestions as well. The placement of the new home in aliment to the existing residences of the street, where trees would have to be felled, the importance of the North sun light and open spaces, right down to water tanks and plantings. They were full of helpful information and ideas and will be sending me a report of the meeting.


So far so good with the design, the ‘Kitome Chelsea’ with my modifications making the home longer, the main bedroom now gracing a double walk in robe, let’s say His & Hers, a super wide entertaining rear deck and extra Loo not to mention the added carport to the side of the home that makes the frontage quite grand.  ‘Kitome’ have been great with no charge to these variations, not like so many companies that charge like a wounded bull for one little thing!


 Lucky for me that the land is so close to Katoomba and Leura Villages as a Cafe was most in demand. I raced off for a big bowl of hot Mountain Soup and coffee, Yumm!!!